Tosca Lab cc was established in 1991 and have evolved into Tosca Lab (Pty) Ltd in 2014. We pride ourselves in our technical expertise; our collective years of experience in the civil engineering industry and the technical resources/equipment to perform material’s testing of civil engineering related construction materials. Our services includes testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, bituminous binders and water. Tosca Lab (Pty) Ltd is proud of our internal Quality Management System, SANAS and ISO/IEC 17025 accreditations.
Our aim is to remain an independent laboratory operating efficiently and without bias. We aim to be the leading service provider in civil engineering testing, to generally exceed customer service delivery expectations. We will remain at the forefront of related technology and constantly improve and invest in state of the art testing and results.
Our product offering is extensive. Tosca Lab (Pty) Ltd is equipped, accredited and specialised in the testing and analysis of a variety of materials with quick turnaround times and accurate, independent reporting. We offer all aspects of laboratory testing from commercial laboratories, mobile and on-site testing. Our ever expanding proficiency and expertise include the following:
- Civil Engineering Materials testing Laboratory;
- Testing of soils, concrete, aggregates, asphalt and bituminous products;
- In – situ testing (relative compactions, DCP tests, plate bearing tests);
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Foundation testing (consolidations, tri-axials, shear-box, collapse/ swell potential, permeability, dispersivity etc.);
- Pavement investigations (test pits, deflection measurements, visual surveys, rutting measurements etc.);
- Centre-line soil surveys;
- Borrow-pit investigations;
- Supply of site laboratories (personnel and equipment);
- Quality implementation and audits;
- Staff evaluation and training;
- Research and development;
- Concrete and asphalt coring;